Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: I am not a competitive guy, how will it affect my career?

Ask HN: I am not a competitive guy, how will it affect my career?
24 by throwaway1183 | 22 comments on Hacker News.
Hello, I am not a competitive guy. Neither am I curious enough to dive deep into intricate details. I am jack of all trades but master of none. All I is know enough subject matters to make things work. Is there something fundamental that I am missing? I enjoy life in the most boring way. Just doing enough to pass a day. I strive for being good, but my good is just average. Is it necessary to be competitive to have a successful career in tech? How far can a boring person with diversified interest go? If one doesn't aim for excellence, is it a bad thing? I am really early in my career and sometimes I get cold feet when I see how incredible other people are. What does it take to uplift myself and my own levels? I have come to realize that just to make a small dent (as in new contribution beyond being a boring copy-cat), I would require tremendous amount of years of consistent effort. Thank you for suggestions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Former Employees Are Suing TikTok for Having to Watch 'Extremely Disturbing' Videos

submitted by /u/Defiant_Race_7544 [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://bit.ly/3NxIWhY via IFTTT

Misinformation on Reddit has become unmanageable, 3 Alberta moderators say

submitted by /u/helpmeredditimbored [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://bit.ly/3tXKiZM via IFTTT