Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What Happened to Pinboard (April '22 edition)?

Ask HN: What Happened to Pinboard (April '22 edition)?
34 by ihodes | 10 comments on Hacker News.
There have been threads like this before (last one in 1.5 months ago: https://bit.ly/3y3eEhP), but I'm not really sure what to do. I've emailed Maciej on 4/13/21, 12/11/21, and 4 times in the past month (a more urgent issue) with no response. Full-text search is regularly broken, archiving doesn't work sometimes, and most recently my >5yr archiving account was disabled on 4/1 with no warning or ability to re-up, so as far as I know I've lost archived bookmarks from up to a decade ago (don't remember when I turned on the service). It doesn't look like When I tried to re-up my archiving account, I selected 10 years, but was charged for 1 year (without the 10 yr discount, of course) instead. I really have enjoyed using Pinboard, and have been since at least 2011 (when the entry was created in 1pw), but this is a bummer and I'm not sure what to do. I really respect Maciej and wish him the best, and would love to keep using Pinboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Former Employees Are Suing TikTok for Having to Watch 'Extremely Disturbing' Videos

submitted by /u/Defiant_Race_7544 [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://bit.ly/3NxIWhY via IFTTT

Misinformation on Reddit has become unmanageable, 3 Alberta moderators say

submitted by /u/helpmeredditimbored [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://bit.ly/3tXKiZM via IFTTT